Subluxations, also known as Vertebral Subluxation Complex, is at the very core of chiropractic medicine. A subluxation is a vertebra which lost its normal motion and/or position in relation to the surrounding vertebrae. When vertebrae no longer function properly it generates what we call mechanical stress.
This stress, unfortunately, causes increased wear and tear on ligaments, joints discs, spinal muscles, and other tissues. The result is the pain, tenderness, decreased mobility, inflammation, spasms and more. Not a good situation to be in!
Luckily for you, our elite chiropractors are specially trained to fix precisely this kind of problem. There are 5 known components to vertebral subluxations, as follows:
- Pathophysiology – Deals with bio-chemical spinal changes, such as inflammation-causing chemicals produced by injured tissues.
- Neuropathology – Deals with irritation of and injury to spinal nerve roots. Can be caused by compression, chemical irritation or stretching.
- Myopathology – Deals with changes to spinal musculature. Things such as spasming, weakness, improper functioning, fobrosis or even hypertonicity.
- Kinesiopathology – Loss of motion as it relates to other vertebrae and the loss of normal position of the vertebrae.
- Histopathology – Deals with growths on the spinal column, problems with discs, adhesions, fibrosis and more.
For healing to be effective and complete, all 5 of these points must be treated properly and simultaneously. By treating all 5 elements your pain can be eliminated and your quality of life drastically improved.
We want nothing more than to help you live a better life than you are currently living, and to that end, we offer all new patients a free consultation to determine exactly what is wrong and how best to fix it. If you have questions, we provide a variety of answers in our chiropractic FAQ as well as our section on common chiropractic myths.
If you would like to receive a free consultation, simply call the number at the top of the page or fill out this short form, and we’ll be in touch with you promptly!